*This post may contain Affiliate Links which means we may earn from qualifying purchases you make via our website. Check out our Affiliate policy and what this means here.
Hosting your website with SiteGround will allow you to create an unlimited number of email accounts. While you might think that you don’t really need more email accounts and that the existing ones that you are already using are more than enough, there are advantages to using SiteGround email.
Having an email address like [email protected] will make it look professional, especially if you’re running a home business. You could also assign other users, such as your employees, with a [email protected] email.
Another way that SiteGround emails benefit your business is helping you manage emails better than just using one account for every business function.
For example, you could make a [email protected] account for sending promotional content. You can also do the same for helpdesk, inquiries, support, and many more. SiteGround email allows you to easily manage multiple accounts from a single control panel, and you can get up to 6000MB quota per account.
How do I use SiteGround email from my home office?
Do note that you have to set up the accounts beforehand from the website Control Panel. You can also access SiteGround Email through your phone once you have it set up, or through Outlook and any other email client you might be using.
How do I create an email on SiteGround?
In order to create an email on SiteGround, you will first need to log in to your Client Area and select the website you want to create an email for, as you can have multiple websites.
Once you have selected the website, open up Site Tools and select the Email option. It will give you access to the Accounts subsection where you create new accounts. Select the name you want to use and assign a password for the account, preferably a secure one. And that is it!
How do I access my SiteGround Email?
Once you have created an account, the simplest way to access it is through the webmail interface. Webmail is accessed through yourdomain.com/webmail by entering your credentials. When you log in to the web interface, you will be able to compose emails and access your inbox, outbox, sent emails, as well as other tools and settings.
If you’re using a client such as Outlook or want to use SiteGround Email in Gmail, we have instructions on how to set those up as well.
Set up SiteGround email on your iPhone
Getting your SiteGround Email to work on an iPhone is simple. Start by going into Settings and selecting Passwords & Accounts option. Choose Add Account, then select Other, and finally, Add Mail Account. You will need to fill in your information next:
- Name: Enter which name you want to be displayed to recipients when you send an email.
- Email: Enter your complete email address; for example, [email protected].
- Password: Enter the password you defined when creating the account.
- Description: This is just a tooltip, so it’s easier to distinguish multiple accounts.
After this, tap Next and enter Incoming Mail Server settings:
- Host Name: yourdomain.com
- User Name: [email protected]
- Password: Enter the same password you did on the previous step
After this, just enter the same information again for Outgoing Mail Server settings. Your iPhone should do the rest automatically once you hit Save.
Set up SiteGround email on Android
On Android, you want to go into Settings and search for the Accounts section. Select Add Account and pick the Email option. Choose the Manual Setup setting.
When prompted for the type, we recommend using IMAP since it synchronises across devices, which means you can access all emails on any device. POP will download the email onto your device and make it unavailable on other devices.
On the next step, enter Incoming Server Settings:
- Username: [email protected]
- Password: the password you defined for the account
- Server: yourdomain.com
- Port and Security Type: You want to use SSL/TLS here for added security, so select that from the drop-down menu. It should automatically set port 993.
Select next to get to Outgoing Server Settings, which are the same as incoming, the only difference being the port. Select SSL/TLS again, but this time, the port should be 465.
The last step is choosing if you want emails to sync automatically at certain intervals or manually by going into the app and refreshing it. We recommend automatically for business emails.
How do I set up SiteGround on my Mac?
On your Mac, you will need to set up your SiteGround email account within the Mail app.
Within the Mail app, in the Choose a mail account provider pop-up screen, select the Other Mail Account option, and press Continue.
You will be prompted to enter your name, email address, and password:
- Username: Enter your full email address
- Password: Enter the password you defined
- Account Type: Set this to IMAP so that your emails sync across other devices
- Incoming Mail Server: Add mail in front of your domain; for example, mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: Same as incoming with mail. In front of your domain address.
After you select Sign In, you should be complete. Just select the apps you want to use with the email account.
How do I link my SiteGround email to Gmail?
You can also set up your SiteGround email so that you can use it from Gmail. You will need to sign in to your Gmail account first.
In the Settings, choose Accounts and Import option. You can access it from a drop-down menu under your profile picture, at the top right corner of Gmail.
Find the Check mail from other accounts option and select Add a mail account.
Enter your entire SiteGround email address and select Next.
You will be prompted for your username and password, so enter here the account you have defined in SiteGround Site Tools.
It will be handy to have Site Tools open, since the server settings you need to enter into Gmail will be listed there.
Open the settings from Site Tools > Email > Accounts > Manage Email Accounts > Actions > Mail Configuration > Manual Settings
Under POP Server select SSL/TLS option and enter the settings listed in Site Tools mentioned above.
- POP3 port: Set this to 995 if it hasn’t been automatically entered.
We recommend leaving the option Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server selected. That way, you won’t have problems with syncing mails to other devices.
You also want to select Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail option. Finish this step by clicking Add Account.
For outgoing mail (SMTP) you want to select Yes, I want to be able to send mail as [email protected]
You can use this address as an Alias. If you choose to do so, select that option.
- SMTP server: Use the same settings from Site Tools you used in the previous step.
- SMTP port: Set it to 465
- Username and password: Enter the information you defined in SiteGround Site Tools for that account. Use your entire address as username; for example [email protected]
Enable Secured connection using SSL option and finish with Add Account.
How do I link my SiteGround email to Outlook?
Open Outlook and select File > Info option. There, click on Account Settings and select, again, Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
In the next window, click on the New button and select Manual Setup or additional server types and press Next.
When prompted to choose POP or IMAP account, we recommend IMAP so that your emails can sync across devices. Press Next to get to the account information form.
- Your name: Enter the name you want to be displayed to recipients when sending emails.
- E-mail address: Type in your entire SiteGround email address.
- Account type: We recommend IMAP, so leave it at that.
- Incoming mail server: Enter your domain but with added “mail” in front of it; for example, mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server: Use the same setting as Incoming server; for example, mail.yourdomain.com.
- User name and password: Enter the information you defined in SiteGround Site Tools for the account.
Press the Next button and wait for Outlook to test the settings. If everything was entered correctly, it will display a green check arrow.
How do I contact SiteGround if I have a problem with my email?
If you have any problems setting up your email account or any other issue, you can always turn to SiteGround support for help. You can access them through their live chat option, phone support, or by submitting a helpdesk ticket when you log in to your SiteGround account. You could also search their help database for step-by-step instructions.
How do I secure SiteGround email?
When you are configuring your SiteGround email to work on your PC, Mac, or phone, you will be prompted for a protocol when entering Incoming and Outgoing server settings.
Here, you will be presented with two options, a secured or unsecured connection. We always recommend using a secured SSL/TLS connection, as the username and password will be transferred in encrypted form, increasing your security. If you use unsecured connection, you risk being detected by a hacker, which will allow for your account to be compromised.